Kodex The Multi
The Multi is an expertly pre-tied, advanced pop-up rig you can cast out with confidence.
It’s design allows for a super short popped-up length of around 25mm, dependent upon which hook size you use. Truly unique in its design, the Multi offers versatility like no other rig. You get two hook sizes with every rig, and they can be easily interchanged due to the unique looped nature of the Multi; choose from a packet with sizes 3 and 5 or 5 and 7. This also means that if you buy the hooks separately, then should your hook point happen to blunt for any reason you can quickly put on a new hook without reconstructing a whole new rig; if the Micro-Strip material is still in good condition then just replace the hook in a matter of seconds. The hooks included with the Multi are the super strong Genomic MGP Chod pattern from Kodex, featuring a micro-ground sharp point for fast piercing and a matt anti-glare finish for rig concealment from wary carp. They are built from 130-grade high-carbon Japanese steel, and tied to the latest 15lb Micro-Strip coated hooklink material, which sinks well, pinning down the rig, leaving you only needing to apply a small amount of Graviton Putty on the knot near the hook. The hinged section can then move with very little resistance. Ideally you want just enough putty to critically balance the rig, as this can be a real advantage on waters that see a lot of pop-ups. The Multi comes assembled with an anti-tangle sleeve and an anti-glare size 8 swivel that fits all popular lead clips, though this can be quickly changed to a supplied size 11 Flexi/Heli Swivel for helicopter style setups. Also included with each rig is a handy little pot containing a length of bait floss for bait attachment and a Micro Rig Swivel which can be used in place of the Micro Ring for an alternative bait attachment. Each rig retails at £3.49. www.kodextackle.com
Mounting a hookbait
- STEP 1: Thread a short length of bait floss through the rig ring or rig swivel
- STEP 2: Double the floss over and pull it through your chosen hookbait
- STEP 3: Trim the tag ends to around 8mm-10mm long
- STEP 4: Use a lighter to singe the tag ends to a blob...
- STEP 5: ...and squash the blob flat to the bait whilst still molten
Changing the hook
- STEP 1: Ready to use
- STEP 2: Pull the loop over the hook point...
- STEP 3: ...and the hook and bait mount can slide off the hooklink
- STEP 4: Changed from a rig ring to a bait swivel
- STEP 5: When using the bait swivel pull it into your hookbait