Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/carptalk/public_html/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/helpers/replace.php on line 94
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/carptalk/public_html/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/helpers/replace.php on line 97
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/carptalk/public_html/plugins/system/articlesanywhere/helpers/replace.php on line 101
The Fishing Newspaper and Magazine Library
Kevin Clifford has for many years been involved in creating a library to try and ensure that the great wealth of angling literature found in magazines and newspapers is not lost forever. Unlike books, magazines and newspapers are often thrown away, and it is a fact that many angling magazines and newspapers have not been saved within the British Museum’s Libraries and will be lost forever unless held in private collections. We guarantee that the magazines and newspapers held in our library will never be sold and will be made available free of charge for serious study or research.
We welcome donations of any missing items or are happy to negotiate payment.
At present our collection of angling periodicals consists of the following:
A small section of the library
- 1. The Fishing Gazette. We have about 80% of the 100 years of publication.
- 2. The Angler's Note-book and Naturalist's Record. Complete collection 1880 to 1888.
- 3. The Anglers' Journal. We hold two years 1885 and 1886.
- 4. Fishing - Fish Culture and the Aquarium. Complete collection 1886 to 1890.
- 5. The Northern Angler and The Angler. We have first five volumes 1882-1884.
- 6. Scots Angler. Have complete collection 1896 to 1897.
- 7. The Anglers' Record. Some issues from 1897 to 1903.
- 8. The Angler's News. Unbroken run from first issue 1900 to 1916. Then some early 1940s and 1949 to Feb 1956.
- 9. The Fisherman's Magazine & Review. A complete set 1864 to 1865.
- 10. Journal of Fly-Fishers' Club. Some issues.
- 11. The Salmon & Trout Magazine. Numerous copies including issues 1 to 7.
- 12. Angling. A complete set 1936 to 1956.
- 13. The Midland Angler. A complete set 1946 to 1964.
- 14. The Angler. One issue missing from 1948 to 1956.
- 15. Angling Times. Complete run from issue 1 in 1953.
- 16. Angler's Mail. Complete run from issue 1 in 1964 to 1989.
- 17. Pike Fisherman. Complete.
- 18. Pike & Predators. Complete.
- 19. Specialist Angler. Complete.
- 20. Coarse Angling Today. Complete.
- 21. Carp-Talk. Complete.
- 22. Angling (then Coarse Fishing). Complete 1959 to 1983.
- 23. Coarse Fisherman. Complete.
- 24. Creel. Complete.
- 25. Angler's World. Complete.
- 26. Carp Fisher. Complete.
- 27. Carpworld. Complete.
- 28. Crafty Carper. Complete.
- 29. Coarse Angler. Complete.
- 30. Barbel Fisher. Complete.
- 31. David Hall's Coarse Fishing. Complete.
- 32. Chevin. Complete.
- 33. Pikelines. Complete collection.
- 34. Trout & Salmon 1955 to present. (few 1950s missing)
- 35. Angling Telegraph. Large collection of copies between 1965 and 1974.
- 36. Fisherman. Complete collection.
- 37. The Carp (BCSG). Complete collection from first issue in 1970.
- 38. The Carp Anglers' Association Newsletter (becoming The Carp Catcher). Complete.
- 39. Waterlog. Complete collection.
- 40. Classic Angling. Complete collection.
- 41. Whiskers. Complete collection.
- 42. Fisherman's Handbook. (and Advanced). Complete.
- 43. Many other part collections, such as Tenchfisher, Barbus, Perchfisher, La Peche, etc.
- 44. Scottish Angler May 1948 (No. 1) to December 1949.
- 45. Scottish Angler (Complete run) June 1998 to July 1999.
- 46. Sea Angler Complete collection from number 1 March 1972.
- 47. Freeline mag & Specialist Angler mag complete collections.
- 48. Big Fish World Complete collection
- 49. Specialist Angling World Complete collection
- 50. DHP's Big Fish Complete collection
- 51. Sea Angling Weekly Complete collection. Sept 1984 to Sept 1985
- 52. Grayling Complete collection to Spring 2012.
- 53. British Sea Anglers' Society Journal 1907 to 1938 (90% coverage) (Available by prior arrangement).
We also have numerous other items such as historic angling photographs (including John Wilson's collection), letters, diaries, etc.